Property developers, suppliers and owners were provided with an opportunity to showcase their best projects and services from across sub-Saharan Africa at the annual Africa Property Investment (API) Awards held on October 2, 2019, at networking gala dinner held at the exclusive Alice & Fifth Restaurant.
A vital component of the 10th API Summit, Africa’s largest investment and real estate development, the Awards, now in their third year, recognised innovation and outstanding achievement across the entire property industry across 13 categories.
The categories covered projects and the leaders shaping the future of Africa’s real estate sector.
These categories covered: Retail, Office, Mixed Use, Green Building, Hotel, Alternative Asset, Architectural Design, Banking, High-end residential, Logistics and best women in Property.
The winning developments, project teams and professionals came from Ghana, Kenya, Zambia, Nigeria, Mozambique, Namibia, Mauritius and Rwanda, and critically provided a moment of peer recognition for completed projects, says the managing Director of API Events’ Kfir Rusin.
The projects were judged on a wide range of criteria including location, infrastructure and transport access, integration into the environment, originality of the concept, technical and architectural quality, services offered, sensitivity to the local community, innovation, sustainability, corporate staff involvement, response to market demands, financial performance, occupancy, and the impact of the project on economic convergence.
Kfir Rusin, Managing Director of API Events: “We congratulate all the winners and finalists as well as their respective project teams. They have set an exceptionally high standard for real estate developments across sub-Saharan Africa and continue to shape the African built environment landscape. API Events is proud to be associated with these companies and wishes to aid in further pushing the boundaries of excellence for African property development.”
The calibre of entries was world-class, and the panel of judges had a challenging time selecting the winners; nevertheless, they managed to hone in on the worthy projects.
Here are the winners for each category from the 2019 Africa Property Investment Awards:
- BEST AFFORDABLE HOUSING
- Karibu Homes | Nairobi, Kenya
- BEST ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN
- Tatu City Education Village (Crawford International School) | Nairobi, Kenya
Project Team Award Winner: Boogertman+Partners Architects
- BEST COMMERCIAL OFFICE DEVELOPMENT
- SU Tower | Accra, Ghana
Project Team Awarded Winner: Boogertman+Partners Architects,
- BEST GREEN BUILDING
- Mon Tresor Business Gateway – Office Park | Plaine Magnien, Mauritius
Project team Award Winner: Omnicane Ltd
- BEST HIGH-END RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT
- Purple Haze | Nairobi, Kenya
Project team Award Winner: Dewbury Limited
- BEST HOTEL DEVELOPMENT
- Hilton Garden Inn Mbabane| Mbabane, eSwatini
Project team Award Winner: Paragon Architects
- TOP AFRICAN REAL ESTATE BANK OF THE YEAR
- Nedbank CIB
- BEST RETAIL DEVELOPMENT
- East Park Mall | Lusaka, Zambia
Project team Award Winner: Graduare Property Development Limited
- BEST MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT
- Appolonia City| Accra, Ghana
Project Team Award Winner: Rendeavour
- BEST INDUSTRIAL & LOGISTICS DEVELOPMENT
- Agility Logistics Parks| Maputo, Mozambique
Project team Award Winner: Agility Africa
- YOUNG PROPERTY PERSON OF THE YEAR
- Neltah Mosimanegape | Tempest Gold, Botswana
- WOMEN IN AFRICAN REAL ESTATE
- Oluwatosin Ajose | Deal HQ Partners, Nigeria
- BEST PROPERTY TECHNOLOGY AWARD
- Land Layby, Nigeria